The Tox Group interprets alcohol and drug tests for plaintiff and defense in civil and criminal matters.
- Scientific interpretation of alcohol and drug tests
- Case evaluation and strategy
- Preparing for deposition and trial
- Reports and expert testimony on:
- Impaired driving
- Dram shop
- Death investigation
- Drug facilitated sexual assault
- Child custody
- Workers compensation
- Sports doping
A review of case evidence and records can answer these and other questions:
- Was the alcohol or drug test reliable?
- Was the test sample handled properly?
- When did alcohol or drug use occur?
- Did alcohol or drug use affect performance, behavior or memory?
- Was drug intoxication the cause of death?
- Did other issues impact the situation?
Factors that can complicate drug and alcohol tests include:
- Tolerance due to a history of drug usage
- Simultaneous use of multiple drugs
- Changes in blood drug levels after death
Often a report enables a case to settle.